View Single Post
Old October 21 2011, 10:58 PM   #77
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Re: Talk of Bryan Singer's BSG project resurfaces

Temis the Bleeding Aorta wrote: View Post
I'm sure most if not all of them lend themselves to being filmed in some way. I was talking about the way this BSG movie is likely to end up: like Transformers.
Neither Singer nor Orloff had anthing to do with Michael Bay's Transformers. So it has less chance of being Transformers than, say, a film written by the screenwriters of Transformers - which is exactly what J.J. Abrams' Star Trek is, and one of the reasons I had very low expectations for it.

Nobody should get their hopes up about any genuflections. nuBSG will be roundly ignored.
Normally I'd agree, but they've specifically said otherwise. So clearly at this point in the production they intend some kind of connection to Ron Moore's program.

Lance Reddick for Tigh?
Adama will be played by some old guy, but the rest of the cast is going to need to skew hot & young. Lance Reddick is no box office draw.
Colonel Tigh is a supporting character. Supporting characters are often played by character actors.