View Single Post
Old October 21 2011, 06:47 PM   #64
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Re: Talk of Bryan Singer's BSG project resurfaces

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
Sharr Khan wrote: View Post
New Battlestar Galactica Film From Bryan Singer And John Orloff To Co-Exist In TV Show’s Universe

I’m a huge fan of the original series and of the second show, too. But I always thought the first show was a little too heavily reliant on Star Wars, you know? Whereas I think the second show was really original and really cool.

And I think I’ve come up with a way to write this movie that won’t fuck any of that up. I’m not sure how much they want me to talk about it. Let’s just say it’s not what you expect. It will all work in the universe that exists. It will not conflict with anything Ron Moore has done.
There's a smart guy.

I'm sure that the way the "solution" will appear in the movie will absorb a lot less time than did the "alternate universe" set-up for Abrams's Star Trek - that, after all, was central to being able to use Leonard Nimoy. If there's a rationale given for the co-existence of nuBSG anld oldBSG, I expect it'll be a line or two somewhere.
It'll be just like Superman Returns. In the end, nobody cares if it follows continuity or canon or schmanon.

But I wonder if Singer's going to re-use the original series music theme.