View Single Post
Old October 21 2011, 02:03 PM   #60
23skidoo
Admiral

Re: Talk of Bryan Singer's BSG project resurfaces

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Oh, I don't know. BSG itself ended two years ago, Caprica ended last year, and it doesn't look like Blood and Chrome is going to happen. Moore's BSG is pretty much done.
It's still too soon. It's still like saying let's do Avatar again, or Stargate. And Blood & Chrome isn't necessarily dead and, anyway, the pilot has been filmed - you tell me it won't end up on DVD or airing as a special.

I just find a do-over so soon is disrespectful to "nuBSG". And it's more proof that Hollywood is devoid of original ideas. What's stopping Singer from creating a new space opera saga - one worthy of being remade itself a generation from now?

If Singer was doing Larson and Hatch's plan, which was a continuation of the original series, then I'd be OK with that, but does the world really need another "radical take" on BSG? I mean, as this thread proves, all the acclaim nuBSG got doesn't seem to make a difference in terms of some people's attitudes towards the property. Will a 2-hour film from the guy who gave us Superman Returns really fare much better?

There are plenty of other TV properties that have been away long enough that doing new movie versions now would seem like fresh ideas. Babylon 5 and Farscape come immediately to mind.

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)