View Single Post
Old October 20 2011, 10:32 PM   #20
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: hi ho Silver, The Lone Ranger rides on....

Dream wrote: View Post
I get the feeling that Depp told Disney that he would only do a Pirates 5 if Disney made Lone Ranger.
If he wanted to throw his weight around, he could have refused to take a pay cut. I don't think he played hardball - he just organized a huge concession for Disney in the pay cuts, which is in itself great PR for the movie - greedy Hollywood bastards taking pay cuts to get a movie made? Isn't that one of the Seven Signs of the Apocalypse? That must be one great script!

And now Disney knows that Depp sort of owes them, and he'd be less likely to kick up a fuss in future negotiations. If the movie tanks, then he really owes them. If the movie is a success, then Disney makes money. It's a no-lose for Disney!

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
Tonto and the Indian spirits like Obi Wan Kenobi and the force. The driving engine was going to be Native American occult aspects worked in with werewolves and special effects. But flavored with doses of Native American spirituality in a serious way.
Hey, my guess about The Lone Ranger = Luke and Tonto = Obi-Wan was right on the money! And this actually sounds like a pretty good idea. For Native American mysticism to be introduced into the story is enough justification for werewolves and other supernatural critters. It isn't a subject that has been done to death. This could be good.

I hope they treat things fairly seriously and don't turn it into a POTC style farce. Humor is good, farce not so much.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote