View Single Post
Old October 20 2011, 09:40 PM   #44
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: Talk of Bryan Singer's BSG project resurfaces

Temis the Bleeding Aorta wrote: View Post
Well life is going to get a bit more interesting around here.

Wouldn't it be funny if the movie were successful enough to spawn a TV series based on it? I wouldn't turn up my nose at it. I love Ron Moore, but I love space opera on TV more.

The nuBSG fans have to accept that our show is more or less done. We may get some drips and drabs here and there, but nothing much more of meaning.
Yeah they had their shot with Caprica, they blew it, time to move onto other things.
The oldBSG fans really, honestly, need to accept that nothing new will ever come from the old show.
Mmmm, I wonder about that. Abrams' brought back the spirit of TOS pretty effectively, without catering only to old fans. This BSG movie could do the same. Since I have no very strong opinions about what oldBSG should or shouldn't be, I'll be happy as long as it doesn't suck in the general sense.

I've thought for a while now that there's a market - in movies and on cable TV - for a kick-ass, adrenaline-pumped military space series that doesn't indulge in excessive naval-gazing and to the extent that it has any political leanings at all, leans rightwards. So if this new movie adopts that approach, they could have a surprising hit on their hands and maybe even a revived franchise.
Ron Moore's BSG was very good, but, at times was rather depressing, so, I wouldn't want to see another go at BSG so dark. If this does come off (and especially if it really takes off) I'd like to see it a bit lighter in tone than Ron Moore's.

If it's based on the original, as it appears they want to do, that would likely mean no Skin Jobs and maybe even the Lizard Aliens and Lucifer type models

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?