View Single Post
Old October 19 2011, 03:57 PM   #38
Top41

Re: Hawaii 5-0: The Second Season Begins!

Star Wolf wrote: View Post

It was a Newark New Jersey with sergeants stripes. And Lieutenant Commander McGarrett USNR, US Naval Academy class of 199? did not bother to shave. Uniform standards obviously don't apply to reserve Navy SEALS
Ah, very cool. And LOL about McGarrett--too much time trying to catch the killer of Danno's former partner to find time to shave??

Team Broccoli wrote: View Post
Last night's episode was kinda "meh". The fact that Kono was working for HPD was no surprise at all, and the episode itself felt like it was all over the place. Of course, we also had to end with a "We're badasses walking in slow-mo!" moment.
That was such cheese. It cracked me up, but it was serious cheese. The Kono reveal wasn't at all surprising, and I'm mostly just glad it's done. I thought there was some nice stuff in the episode: Chin's date with Malia, Malia trying to talk to Kono, Steve and Danno bickering in the car again, etc.

I have a feeling that they wrote out Steve's Navy fling in order to possibly hook him up with Lori. That was somewhat hinted in the first episode or two of this season. I honestly hope they don't go down that path. Mostly because it is just too cliched.
Yeah, I'm with you there--it will be pretty predictable if they do that, and I can't say I really like the idea either. I don't think Steve has shown much interest though, aside from checking her out when they first met, before he knew she was going to be assigned to the team.

I really think they are trying too hard with her character. I dunno. I just can't come around to like her. She has added nothing too the show to make her addition worthwhile. She was assigned to the 5-0 to make sure they play by the rules, but the show has done nothing with it.
I don't really dislike her, but I don't think she's really added anything to the team, either. I'm glad they haven't gone the Mary Sue route and made her the awesomest ever!!! but I think in an effort to avoid doing that, they haven't really distinguished her.

Part of me wishes they kept Jenna. I felt she integrated into the show instantly.
I liked Jenna--she was odd and quirky and kind of awkward. I admit that I totally didn't see the twist at the end of episode 201 coming, and I'm interested to see where they take it and why she's helping Wo Fat, but I wouldn't have minded if they had made her a permanent addition to the team.

Sheep wrote: View Post
Here's an article on the actor who plays Kamekona:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Hawaii-F...y-1038795.aspx

He never fails to crack me up although I still think he's best used in small doses.
Thanks for that article! Kamekona is hilarious, but yeah, I agree... an appearance here or there is enough. I wouldn't mind seeing an episode focused around him, but I wouldn't want him to join the team or anything like that.