View Single Post
Old October 18 2011, 05:12 PM   #54
marillion
Vice Admiral

View marillion's Twitter Profile
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Morpheus 02 wrote: View Post

Darryl's been interesting....in the "real world" he probably would have been locked up by now, and written off. In the New World, he's actually a hero and vital to humanity's survival.

But i don't think he's totally gotten over his racism....he called Glenn "Short Round" in this episode...wonder if they're going to make him like Sawyer from Lost?
Good point.. I should have clarified that I don't think he's suddenly become "not racist" but more that he knows the good of the many outweigh the good of the one.. So while he may still harbor racist inclinations (albeit not as bad as his brother), he knows humanity is on the line here and he'll do what he has to, to help out.

As for the Catholic thing... Most Christian churches all use the cross, but unless I'm mistaken, it's only Catholicism (and perhaps Eastern/Greek Orthodox) that uses the actual "Christ on the Cross" icon in their churches... At least that's what I was taught in my RCC upbringing... I would be very surprised to see that in a Baptist church...