View Single Post
Old October 18 2011, 03:18 PM   #1510
Myasishchev
Rear Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

I've never seen a full motion comic, but the wee bits I've seen look bizarre and unwieldy.

I was thinking about Batwoman earlier and how she was supposed to be a soldier (can those negatively affected by DADT go back now?), which would have involved, perforce, killing people with guns, or providing support for the killing of people with guns. My question is why does Batman care about lawful homicide when civilians do it but he does not care about someone who swore an oath to lawfully kill foreigners and enemy U.S. citizens under the auspices of the U.S. military? Shouldn't he be like, "Fuck you, take off that symbol, you were a murderer in training, blah blah blah I'm an asshole Gotham is mine"? At the very least, he should question her commitment to the no-kill rule, since obviously she was at least intellectually prepared to take lives. (Let's assume, of course, that the 100,000 incidences of severe trauma to the head, spine, and torso provided by expert Bat-martial artists never killed even one person.)

I mean, I guess he doesn't care when cops do it. He cares when other superheroes do it. Huge blindspot in his bullshit moral system, though, isn't it?

Myasishchev is offline   Reply With Quote