View Single Post
Old October 18 2011, 04:06 AM   #45
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Did anyone watch The Talking Dead? It didn't end up airing until after the encore (at 12am EST), so I had my DVR record it and I watched it today. It was mildly amusing at times, but I'm not sure if it'll offer all that much week-in, week-out. I suppose that shouldn't surprise me; it did seem like it would just be a fluff extra when it was announced.

Patton Oswalt and James Gunn as the guests was a little odd, and I don't think they added much to the show.

Robert Kirkman appeared for a few minutes and addressed the "hiding under cars" issue by (paraphrasing here) that the sense of smell the zombies had exhibited in season one was very rudimentary and the best they were able to do was tell that the survivors were not like them, so he considered hiding under cars to be sufficient; "they're not bloodhounds," he said during his answer.

Other than that, there was some footage shown from when the scene with Daryl and Rick cutting open the walker in the woods was being filmed. Andrew Lincoln talked about how much Norman Reedus had been looking forward to doing that scene, and James Gunn recounted an anecdote from sitting next to Michael Rooker at an event where the premiere was screened. Apparently Rooker didn't think Reedus was cutting into the body correctly.

Dream wrote: View Post
Garak wrote: View Post
What show was the incumbent record holder?
This is what it beat:
The 18-49 and 25-54 tallies broke basic cable’s previous records posted by the premiere of USA Network’s The Dead Zone in June 2002 (4.0 million in 18-49, 4.1 million in 25-54)
Ah, nice. That would've been my guess; I remember the news of it breaking records back when it premiered. I also remember being happy about that because I had loved the pilot.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote