View Single Post
Old October 17 2011, 07:18 AM   #1462
C_Miller
Captain

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Hound of UIster wrote: View Post
Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Maybe she'll make "Green Arrow" better because it was pretty boring to me. J.T. Krul had a pretty decent run on "Teen Titans" prior to the relaunch but I don't think that he was the right writer for Green Arrow.
Honestly I miss Krul writing TT.

I just don't like the radical redesigns Lobdell has done with Wonder Girl and Kidflash.

Frankly I think DC should have divided up the characters. They should have put Starfire/Red Arrow/Raven and all the other traditional titans characters in the TT book.

They should have put Superboy/Red Robin/Kid Flash/Wondergirl and all the other 90s and 00s characters in the YJ book to tie in with the cartoon.
Agreed. It just feels super 90s. Seeing as both Brett Booth and Scott Lobdell were creators of the 90s, that makes sense. That's the general feeling of the DCnU to me. While there's a lot of quality out there, it just doesn't feel as modern as it should with Jurgens, Giffen, Lobdell, ect. all heading up multiple books. It's not that old creators are bad. Grant Morrison got his start at roughly the same time, but his style has changed with the times and remained relevant. Giffen, Jurgens and Lobdell all feel like throwbacks.
Tons of Titles still available!
C_Miller is offline   Reply With Quote