View Single Post
Old October 16 2011, 02:50 PM   #3623
Myasishchev
Rear Admiral

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Only Joe Kelly I know is the guy who wrote Supergirl. That guy could barely string two word balloons together and have them make sense. Also he penned the phrase "red wavelength UVB lights," which is the dumbest phrase ever uttered by human beings since Isaac Newton put a prism in a windowsill. But! Better than Jeph Loeb.

Also that spoiler sort of butts up against the details of the Max Lord situation. Incidentally, I know I've said this before, but his condemnation of Wonder Woman for not letting herself be heat vision super-sped Krypton-punched to death may be the unsung lowest moment in Superman history. Even if by that point they had retconned his execution of three unarmed prisoners, it's still unbelievably bad.

P.S. Born Again was so great. Man, talk about missing people, I miss David Mazzuchelli doing superhero work. Or just drawing in that style. Have you seen Asterios Polyp? Looks like Marjane Satrapi drew it. People did not like Persepolis because of its pretty picutres, Dave! Just because you can still work miracles with panel layout and graphic design does not give you license to stop drawing things well! And indie comics do not have to look like rushed New Yorker cartoons! Berlin is maybe the best drawn non-J.H. Williams comic of the last decade. Jason Lutes would never sacrifice the awesomeness of his art, why did you?

Myasishchev is offline   Reply With Quote