Vice Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2011

87. Public Enemies: B+
88. Drive Angry: D
89. Red Riding Hood: C+
90. Fright Night ('85): B
91. Love & Other Drugs: B
92. X-Files: I Want to Believe - B+

The Jake G and Anne Hathaway movie from earlier this year that got rave reviews most places. It was a touching movie of self discovery but I think most of it's focus was on Anne's bare upper body for large portions of the first half of the movie. They both gave a good performance of two flakey self absorbed individuals who find something greater as a whole than separate but I just didn't feel like it was an "A" movie.

For my count I'm normally only counting first viewings or viewings of films I've not seen in at least 10 years. I'm making an exception here with X-Files 2. My ex-girlfriend has spent the last 6 months watching my collection and saw the first movie at the time between seasons. She came over to watch this one cause it's just been sitting idle on my shelf. I recall being disappointed in the film when I saw it in the theater. That really wasn't the right call because it's a good enough X-Files story it just isn't a great X-Files theatrical story. Having waited 10yrs since the first one and 6 years since the series ended this movie should have had more going on. Doggett was needed for sure, Reyes could've been the captured agent they were looking for all while keeping the other story elements in place if they had to go with that story. If XF2 had been a different movie that had that theatrical punch I'm sure we'd be talking about the filming of XF3 and the storyline involving the 2012 conspiracy mentioned at the close of the series. Instead it's just talk. Again, X-Files: I Want to Believe as a story is a good one just was a let down at the time for what it should've delivered imo.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote