View Single Post
Old October 14 2011, 10:46 PM   #784
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2011

I rewatched the 2002 Best Picture winning adaptation of Chicago directed by Rob Marshall on Sunday.

Also, thanks to Netflix, I watched the 1998 Kurt Russell actioner Soldier and also Michael Apted's The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

Chicago is still magnificent, and I've been humming/signing along with the soundtrack in my car all week.

Soldier was visually semi-interesting, and it was neat seeing some familiar faces (Michael Chiklis pre-badass on The Shield) but it was mostly an awful film. It had some interesting ideas, but the execution was just subpar.

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader was an improvement over Prince Caspian I thought, but still left something to be desired. Arguably the standout performance is from the petulant boy who plays Eustace, and the scene at the end where Reep leaves for "Aslan's country" is heartwarming. But given the end of the film, I'm not sure I know how they can continue the story in a fourth film, and I sure as hell barely remember anything from the books, which I read in elementary school. It was neat though to see Bruce Spence show up, after having worked on Legend of the Seeker and watching dailies at lunch every day
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote