View Single Post
Old October 14 2011, 06:36 AM   #44
Yoda
Rear Admiral

Re: Die Hard V - Not Looking Good...

Terminator 3 and 4 sucked. The Trek reboot was pretty solid.

Not as good as the original is quite the understatement. Not as good as Die Hard covers some pretty good movies, all the way down to abominations like Die Hard 4.

It failed as a Die Hard movie in that the tone was completely wrong. There was no suspense whatsoever. John McClane is apparently now some kind of superhero. The villain was utterly forgettable. They targeted the PG-13. Why? I have no idea. I mean, it was a franchise where anyone who gives a shit about it is already over 18 anyway. It targeted an adult audience 20 fucking years ago. If you wanted to make this movie, I don't know, cast Jason Statham and call it something else. The 13 year olds will probably thank you for it.

So let's say you're willing to enjoy this movie on its own merits apart from being a Die Hard movie, that's fine. I like a big action movie as much as the next guy. But what do they give you? An incredibly stupid Internet terror plot, an obnoxious sidekick straight out of a Mac commercial, and a string of bad action set pieces.

The F35 scene took 'dumb' to a completely new level.