Thread: Minecraft
View Single Post
Old October 14 2011, 02:59 AM   #1572
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: Minecraft

Princess Luna wrote: View Post
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about upgradeable skills/enchantments, because I think then you're going to get to that point where you've acquired all the end-game weapons and there's nothing that challenges you anymore and the game won't be fun.
But all the upgrades are temporary, potions only last for a minute or two and item enchantments are lost once you've used up the item. You can't stay at the top of your game for long, my understanding is that you're only supposed to reach "max level" long enough to be able to take on the dragon.

Also, I see a bit of a problem with not being able to place blocks in Adventure Mode.
There's a lot of confusion out there as to what the Adventure Mode actually is, but here's what Notch said:
Notch wrote:
I foresee a future where people can design “challenge maps” in creative or survival mode, then share them with people so that they can try to beat them in Adventure mode.
The way Notch described it, it seems pretty clear that it's for story maps like the ones that the Yogscast are always doing where you're not supposed to be able to break or place blocks. The confusion comes from the fact that people assumed the Adventure Update would contain this Adventure Mode when all the Adventure Update does is add things to Survival Mode.