Thread: Minecraft
View Single Post
Old October 14 2011, 01:40 AM   #1569
Itisnotlogical
Commodore

Re: Minecraft

I agree with Owain, I kind of miss the simplicity that Minecraft used to have (although I love the new combat mechanics, and more automated defenses are a must). I still rather use the Classic mode on the website rather than the Creative mode that was included with 1.8. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about upgradeable skills/enchantments, because I think then you're going to get to that point where you've acquired all the end-game weapons and there's nothing that challenges you anymore and the game won't be fun.

Also, I see a bit of a problem with not being able to place blocks in Adventure Mode. Often, there's a point where the only safe way down in an abandoned mine, cave, etc. is by placing blocks as a stairway. The random world generation code often creates situations that require the placement of blocks to safely overcome.
"Good grief. You guys sure know how to make something out of nothing. And then take sides about whether or not it's nothing, and then change your minds and discuss why you thought it was something." - Kestra
Itisnotlogical is offline   Reply With Quote