View Single Post
Old October 13 2011, 07:07 AM   #680
Spaceman Spiff
Intrepid Explorer

Re: Hallowe'en Reading and Viewing - 2011

I think you'll like JOHNNY HALLOWEEN, if nothing else but for the Dark Harvest tale. Just bear in mind that it's small in stature and only runs 125 pages.

Another anthology I've gotten recently is called HOUSE OF FEAR: An Anthology of Haunted House Stories. I won't have time to read it for Hallowe'en, but it came highly recommended. I'll probably dig into it before the end of the year.

I also grabbed Halloween 1 and 2 on Blu-ray. I try not to double-dip and re-buy too many movies that I have on DVD, but I've made exceptions for ones I really like. Halloween 2 has, as a special feature, the full-length documentary "Terror in the Aisles," which is almost worth the price of the disc itself. It's a very strange choice for a special feature, but I'll take it.

I also grabbed A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 & 3 on Blu-ray. Not much in the way of features, but two movies on one disc, with very nice transfers.

I got a bit of Hallowe'en non-fiction with Halloween Nation: Behind the Scenes of America's Fright Night. Most non-fiction books focus on the roots of Hallowe'en, which is obviously great, but the nice thing about this one is that it focuses more on what it's become. Cool book.