View Single Post
Old October 12 2011, 04:06 PM   #28
Top41

Re: Hawaii 5-0: The Second Season Begins!

Marc wrote: View Post

Speaking of Steve's hookup buddy - wondered if her TDY was due to her perhaps stepping on toes doing the stuff for McGarrett or just one of those military things that happen.
Oooh, I didn't think of that, but that does make a lot of sense--and would imply that Joe's intentions might be more nefarious than simply protecting Steve and his family's reputation.

Team Broccoli wrote: View Post
Two things:

1) I really don't like Generic Blond Cop. One of the things that I loved about the first season is that each of the characters/actors are believable in their respective roles. For whatever reason, she isn't. Making the matter worse is that her character isn't interesting.
I'm on the fence about her. I liked her in her first episode, but she hasn't really distinguished herself since. I think she's kind of inoffensive so far, but I don't see anything really special either. BUT--there's nothing more annoying than a new person coming in and having all the answers/being super cop, so I do like that they haven't gone that route with her.

2) Even more of an issue: Where is Danny's tie??
I miss that, too! He was so cute with the ties, and I love how much it bothered Steve that he wore them. I thought it was funny that in the premiere, Steve is sitting in jail and the fact that Danny isn't wearing a tie makes him smile and elicits a comment.

Top41 wrote: View Post
Steve always gets so pissy when Danno flirts on the job.
I think it was just Steve giving Danny more of a hard time than anything else especially since Danny always seems to chide Steve about playing by the rules.
Oh yeah--in the car, definitely. But he seemed annoyed in the museum itself, and in the past he's told Danny to "focus" (that's always his word) whenever some pretty girl catches Danny's eye. I like little character continuity bits like that.