View Single Post
Old October 12 2011, 12:59 AM   #29
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Re: the state of sf/f TV development for 2012-13

Christopher wrote: View Post
Temis the Bleeding Aorta wrote: View Post
Cloak & Dagger (ABC Family) - drama based on the Marvel comic of the same name about teen runaways in New York city who develop superpowers - he can engulf enemies in darkness, she can emit daggers of light - after being forced to take experimental drugs.
Not very familiar with the comics characters, and this description of their powers doesn't make them sound very useful or flexible. Still, it would depend on the writing and characterization.
They're more useful and flexible than it sounds. Her daggers consist of "life force", which allows her to stun or kill living opponents by overloading them. She can also infuse the unconscious or dying with additional life force to revive them.

His darkness can blind people, but he can also use it to drain life force from anyone in contact with it. People exposed to it tend to suffer manifestations of their worst fears, whether he drains them or not. It also allows him to teleport.

Still not very interesting characters, though.

Defiance (SyFy) – Rockne O’Bannon is behind this experiment in the “first multi-platform shooter MMO which interconnects with a global television program.” The plotline appears to be pretty much a first-person shooter game, ported to TV.
That sounds profoundly uninteresting to me.
It sounds like the hook for Captain Power.

Last Hope (Showtime) - drama about the last hospital on planet earth.
Post-apocalyptic, I assume.
No, budget cuts.

Mistral wrote: View Post
Wondering about Last Hope. Gonna take some clever writing to explain why no one builds another hospital.
Seriously, that was my first thought as well.

Christopher wrote: View Post
Under the Dome (Showtime) – drama based on Stephen King's novel about locals at a Maine vacation spot who battle one another when a force field suddenly surrounds their town and cuts them off from the rest of the world.
Hey, how about getting DC to co-produce this show and making it about the bottle city of Kandor? I mean, come on, Stephen, we've seen you tackle Maine once or twice before.
Anyone remember The Aladdin Effect?

Temis the Bleeding Aorta wrote: View Post
Haunted (ABC) - drama about a paranormal investigator who each week helps the living move on from a spirit that can't let go.
Didn't Matthew Fox already do this one?
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote