View Single Post
Old October 10 2011, 10:16 PM   #5
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Re: the state of sf/f TV development for 2012-13

I expect Falling Skies will limit its space opera stuff to the Grand Intentions of the Aliens. The Aliens may be involved in all kinds of galactic shenangians, but we're gonna be sticking with the Second Mass all through the years and maybe visiting motherships for season finales and the like.

Stranger Planet sounds like Alien Nation or Men In Black or something in the middle of those two extremes.

Anyway I loved Source Code, which had a little nod to Quantum Leap (an obvious model for a TV version in retrospect) but am wary since apparently the TV deal took Duncan Jones by surprise.

Optimistic about American Gods because HBO, although I do get the feeling I should read the novel to see whether that optimism has anything on it. Defiance more lukewarm but Rockne will mean that I might look at the pilot unless everyone says it is terrible. Zero Hour rubs me the wrong way. Sure, esoteric religious material can be blended well with science fiction - just look at PKD - but I got a hunch this is far more Da Vinci Code than Vast Active Living Intelligence System.