View Single Post
Old October 10 2011, 02:58 PM   #323
OsmiumJohnnycake
Fleet Captain

Re: Netflix shoots itself in the foot... aka no more free streaming

It's a good decision, I guess. I was considering adding DVDs back in after dropping them awhile back but the splitting announcement made me change my mind. And it also seems like a good thing when a company listens to the public and recognizes when they made a mistake. But it's also incredibly awkward and looks like they have no idea what they're doing anymore.

I have the streaming service and it's certainly worth the price for me. But my queue is around 300 and having to scroll through all those just to see what's expiring soon is annoying (why not have an announcement for expiring titles in the interface at least a month out?). And the selection varies so wildly. Seems like the James Bond films were just added in but now they're gone. And why didn't they include the Pierce Brosnan films?

I have the Star Trek films on DVD, but I went to watch one on Netflix the other day because they were there earlier this year. Now they aren't. But now TAS is there. Is that new or did I miss it the first time around?

A bunch of horror films expired in late September/early October. Huh? It sometimes feels like I'm choosing what I like best out of stuff someone else rented for a few months.

Like I said, I still get plenty out of it despite having to work within those confines. But there's so much they could improve. Why I need to use an outside website (instantwatcher) to better keep up with what's new and what's going away is ridiculous.
OsmiumJohnnycake is offline   Reply With Quote