View Single Post
Old October 10 2011, 02:49 AM   #1365
Myasishchev
Rear Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Hound of UIster wrote: View Post
DC editorial can't force Morrison to do anything. His run on Batman is pretty emblematic of that.

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
Swamp Thing #2 - Ok, so let me get this straight and see if I understood what I just read, Swamp Thing is now a mantle? A host to become Swamp Thing not too unlike passing down a GL ring? The Swamp Thing identified himself as a guy named Rodgers who was pilot in WWII and is trying to convince Holland to become A Swamp Thing? I didn't get the feeling based on what I read that he was going to go away if Holland became a Swamp Thing 'for real'. Also, am I to assume then that Holland has now NEVER been Swamp Thing?
Yes. It was established in the beginning of Alan Moore's run on the character that the original Swamp Thing was never Alec Holland, but a creature of the parliament of trees that had absorbed the memories of Alec Holland. What this issue did was a reversal, Alec Holland now gains the memories of the original Swamp Thing.
Which makes me never want to reward DC with money in exchange for Swamp Thing ever again. It's one thing to blow up Mogo, it's another to blow up "The Anatomy Lesson." Geoff, I know Alan Moore hurt your feelings, but you've got to be a grown-up about this.

Admiral Young wrote:
I'm assuming DiDio and editorial "forced" Morrison to make the changes to Steph in the book as they did with Dick stepping down as Batman. I'm expecting Steph's redesigned Spoiler costume to be segmented like the rest of the costumes and perhaps to feature some kind of Bat logo design to it...
I don't even get it. It doesn't make sense at all. I mean, in a world with tons of former Robins (and a former Batman) and dozens of current Green Lanterns, I don't really understand why Batgirl III needs to be the Spoiler again. Is it for the straights? The straights don't care. My pet theory is it's a personal dislike not of Stephanie Brown's character so much as Stephanie Brown's fanbase. You know, people who have made it a mission to be obnoxious (albeit, it must be said, for a good cause).

Myasishchev is offline   Reply With Quote