View Single Post
Old October 9 2011, 03:24 AM   #105
Christopher
Writer

Re: "Beware the Batman" in 2013! New Animated Series

Brikar99 wrote: View Post
I liked "No Man's Land" but would it really lend itself to an ongoing TV series? I feel like that's more of a couple of mini-series or a two-part movie or something.
Actually I've been looking into it, and it seems that the only information we actually have about this rejected pitch comes from a single DeviantArt post by Coran Stone, the character designer James Tucker hired, and what he said was:

Even though all of the heads at Cartoon Network liked the designs one felt the premise (more of a "no mans land") was too dark and grim so they scrapped it.
That sounds to me like he wasn't actually saying it was No Man's Land, just that it was along similar lines or had a similar tone.

Anyway, just for the sake of argument, even if it was actually going to be based on No Man's Land, that was a series that encompassed 85 distinct issues, so I could see a variant of it sustaining a 65-episode TV series. And heck, lots of long-running TV series have been based on shorter works like novels or movies. You can always add more episodes, or take the story in a different direction that makes it run longer than the original work did.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote