View Single Post
Old October 8 2011, 08:48 PM   #3453
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

A beaker full of death wrote: View Post
Zombie Cheerleader wrote: View Post
Just because the actress was Hispanic didn't mean Sue was. Thats like saying Reed was Welsh because Ioan Gruffudd is.
Except Gruffudd wasn't obviously Welsh. He did a reasonable American accent. This actress was obviously Hispanic. I didn't even know who she was before seeing the movie, and my first reaction to her upon seeing the film is "why is Sue Hispanic... and her brother not?"
Other reactions included "why is Sue a sexpot?" and "Wow, she's a bad actress," which I suppose answers the sexpot question.
Since she doesn't speak with an Spanish accent how can she be "obviously Hispanic"? Alba is no more or less Hispanic than Cameron Diaz. Both have fathers who are Hispanic and mothers who are not. If Diaz had been cast would you make the same claim? Or does Diaz not fit your idea of Hispanic because she's a blonde? What if they cast Phoebe Cates or Catherine Zeta -Jones? Both are dark haired and dark eyed, but non-hispanic. Hispanic is not about hair or skin pigmentation.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote