od0_ital
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to od0_ital
Re: Movies Seen in 2011

Machine Gun Preacher - free screenin'
The Ides of March - free screenin'
Real Steel - free screenin'
127 Hours - HBO on Demand

Last week, a friend of mine asked me to keep an eye out for Real Steel passes. I didn't really want to see it, but he did...so, I got passes for us to see it last night. There were freebies - a sports towel & bottle opener - and two trailers for fall movies that didn't really interest me.

But, hey, the movie was a lot better than I expected it to be, and there is a bit of an homage to Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots in the first robot vs robot fight. Hugh Jackman does most of the heavy liftin' for the film, but the kid co-star does a good job, too. And nice to see Kevin Durand again, after Lost & X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

This afternoon, I watched 127 Hours via HBO on Demand...that was a pretty intense movie. I can see why James Franco got the Oscar nomination for it. Don't think I'll be in much of a rush to watch it again, but I can say I've seen it now.

I did skip out on the Footloose screenin' tonight...I just didn't feel like drivin' across town for it. But I do already have passes to see it next week at a theater closer to where I'm stayin'.

I've also got passes for Fireflies in the Garden & The Way, fingers crossed I'll get passes for The Thing, too.