View Single Post
Old October 7 2011, 05:14 AM   #925
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Re: X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

exodus is confusing marketing with critical reviews. For every bad movie, you'll find at least one critic that likes it and might make an over-the-top claim. Film marketers will grab whatever that one critic says and plaster it all over their commercials and DVD boxes. For example, have you ever noticed that every Bond (or, at one time, Star Trek) movie that comes out is the "best one yet!"?

When you look at sites that compile reviews for films, such as Rotten Tomatoes, you'll get a more even handed look at how the film did, critically, overall. First Class has ranked high there. Transformers has ranked low.

Then again, exodus is seemingly ignoring comments regarding RT and its ilk. Probably because it destroys his argument.

exodus wrote: View Post
Brikar99 wrote: View Post
exodus wrote: View Post
Yet they made LOTS of money, which means many that claimed to have hated them saw them more than once.
that is a truly absurd leap of logic.
There was a article posted in this thread I believe, in which the producers/creator behind X-Men: First Class made a similar claim as to why X3 still made money. I trust their claim based on the fact they have the polls and feed back to support it.
What was their claim? Link, please, because I'm not wading through 62 pages.