View Single Post
Old October 6 2011, 03:37 PM   #353
23skidoo
Admiral

Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

Sounds like a good Bond title, though it could also be the name of a game, or something viral. I'm still hoping they go with a Fleming title as there are still a couple usable ones, in particular Property of a Lady which would go a long way towards appeasing those who were confused by Quantum of Solace (never overestimate the intelligence of the audience, as I'm often told). Seriously, though, the title's a perfect one, and would probably allow the song to actually use the movie title for once, too. I'm less enthused about "Risico" and "The Hildebrand Rarity". With the John Gardner novels FINALLY being reissued starting later this month, maybe those titles and plots may fall into contention again. (Benson's novels have also been reprinted in two volumes though they're harder to come by.) The story goes that Broccoli blacklisted Colonel Sun back in the 70s because he was ticked off a "Robert Markham" Bond novel he'd championed was rejected in favor of Kingsley Amis' book, so I doubt we'll see that one ever used, although a character name was borrowed for Die Another Day and a plot element (M kidnapping) went into The World is Not Enough.

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote