View Single Post
Old October 6 2011, 02:17 AM   #903
TremblingBluStar
Vice Admiral

Re: X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - Grading+Discussion **SPOILERS!**

I gave it an A. Good film, overall. I'm hoping the sequel doesn't follow the film directly, but takes place at least 10 years later. Just because the 70's were so awesome!

There were a few plot holes that bothered me, but not enough to ruin the films. I thought Shaw's plan made very little sense. I understand he wants humanity wiped out, and a nuclear war would certainly do that. But how would that benefit the mutants? As far as I can tell, they have the same need for fresh water and food that the rest of humanity has. Why would they want to live in an irradiated wasteland?

I didn't care for the mutant cure idea either. Hank shouldn't have been so incredibly bothered by looking perfectly normal except for his feet. I know normal people who have worse feet!

Further, how exactly could a super genius make such a huge mistake as creating a serum that amplifies a gene instead of diminishing it? That's rather silly. And how would a serum that changes his feet to look normal not affect his abilities as he claims?

I personally wish that entire subplot had been dropped and Hank had not turned into his blue self at this point.

Don't get me started on the effects.
TremblingBluStar is offline   Reply With Quote