View Single Post
Old October 5 2011, 07:57 PM   #1489
Servo
Rear Admiral

Re: What games are you playing currently?

Been playing Homefront and Duke Nukem Forever since the weekend.

Homefront is an excellent game, but it's criminally short. How they thought that campaign length was acceptable is beyond belief. I've done two playthroughs so far, and I'll probably do another on to mop up the last few SP trophies. I've heard the MP is good, but I got the game pre-owned and I can't be arsed paying for a new pass when I probably won't play it all that much.

Duke Nukem Forever is, unfortunately, pretty disappointing. They got the attitude and humour spot on and there's some really funny lines in it, but the gameplay and level design are both pretty bland. In all honesty it was a bit of a chore to play. I do kinda want to get the remaining achievements, but I just don't know if I can bring myself to play through it again when there are so many other games to play over the next few months.
Part of me hopes that they get a chance to make another DN game, so they can go back to the drawing board and get the gameplay mechanics and level design up to the same standard as the characterisation and humour.

Back to DC Universe Online for me...