19. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) - B+
20. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 (2011) - B
21. Robin Hood (2010) - B-
22. Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) - B
23. The Adjustment Bureau (2011) - B-
24. Moneyball (2011) - B+
25. The Lion King (1994) - A+

Moneyball

Living in the Bay Area and following the 2002 Oakland A's, this movie hit close to home for me, and I think the thing I really liked about it was it really captures behind the scenes of a GM of an organization. I mean here is a guy who was thrown such a small amount of money by the owner and he had to come up with a way to replace 3 stars in Damon, Giambi, and Isringhousen. To see the process of how he went about doing that was really enlightening, and how he used the idea of advanced stats (Or Sabremetrics as it's known now) was probably the highlight of the movie. I mean the scene where Beane is on the phone at the trade deadline with like 3 different GMs and actually succeeds in getting Ricardo Rincon was probably one of the best scenes in the movie.

I've been listening to Baseball Podcasts this year in which the hosts come across as kind of arrogant when it comes to these advance stats. I mean if anyone is familiar with Keith Law (Scout based out of Arizona), he has come out and pretty much said that RBIs and Wins are irrelevant and we need to start looking at stats like OPS, and WAR (Wins Above Replacement). The problem I have with a lot of what the experts say really comes down to the fact that I don't understand these things, and they do come across as a bit holier than thou. Well, one of the things I liked about the movie was that it was a clear illustration as to why these stats matter and why they have a place in Baseball. Over time I might actually research these stats (Baseball Reference and I've heard FanGraphs are the best websites to go with this) and I thank this movie for introducing it the right way and making fans see that it really isn't all about star power.

I think my only quibble with the movie was I don't remember the conflict between Art Howe and Billy Beane, and maybe Seymore Hoffman (Who I like) wasn't as passionate in the role as I would have liked, but other than that, a great movie.

The Lion King

I've made it a bit of a rule that I would only review movies I have not seen in this thread, but I'm making an exception to this one. There are some movies I would love to see on the Big Screen again, and The Lion King was one of those movies. Ok, I didn't see it in 3D, but to get the nostalgia, I don't think I needed to. This movie is just as great as I remember it and the music was some of Disney's best. One reviewer on rotten tomatoes said this movie wasn't Hip enough. Well, I beg to differ. I think we need more movies like this, where there are dark moments to scare the kids without going overboard, but once we get to the end and everyone can walk out of the theater with a smile, it's all worth it. I wish more classic movies were brought out to the big screen again, but I'm glad Lion King was because it was just as awesome and just as memorable as it was when I was 10 years old in 1994.