View Single Post
Old September 23 2011, 04:51 PM   #807
C_Miller
Captain

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
I didn't get any of the 52 books this week. Sticking with the 'Dark' titled books and there was no release there. So, due to some good WOM I went back and picked up Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E.

It was a good read. Is SHADE new? I don't recall hearing about it before. As I read it I got the feeling that here Palmer either hasn't yet been Atom or perhaps not in some time. Anyone else think that? The book also had me thinking I was reading a spin-off of Mignola's B.P.R.D. with Frank the stand in for Hellboy. The team even had a stand-in for Abe. It was then crossed with Marvel's Legion with a vampire, werewolf and mummy. Those aren't' knocks just that the book felt like a type of mashup.
SHADE was created by Grant Morrison for his Seven Soliders "event" thing a few years back. If I recall correctly, this is the first time it's really been used since then in a major capacity, except for the Freedom Fighters mini. And I'm pretty sure that Morrison wrote it as an homage to Mike Mignola, Hellboy and the BPRD.
Tons of Titles still available!
C_Miller is offline   Reply With Quote