View Single Post
Old September 23 2011, 01:18 PM   #804
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

I didn't get any of the 52 books this week. Sticking with the 'Dark' titled books and there was no release there. So, due to some good WOM I went back and picked up Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E.

It was a good read. Is SHADE new? I don't recall hearing about it before. As I read it I got the feeling that here Palmer either hasn't yet been Atom or perhaps not in some time. Anyone else think that? The book also had me thinking I was reading a spin-off of Mignola's B.P.R.D. with Frank the stand in for Hellboy. The team even had a stand-in for Abe. It was then crossed with Marvel's Legion with a vampire, werewolf and mummy. Those aren't' knocks just that the book felt like a type of mashup.

I did flip through Catwoman after all the hype of the last few pages. I guess I'm the only one who felt that was fairly tame and rushed. Starfire was looking hot over in Red Hood and until I saw it here wasn't aware of her "sexual convo" she had, I'm sure they will address her attitude about that later. Afterall of most characters I've seen from mainstream DCU this books leads seem to be "in name only" of their old DCU counterparts outside Jason whose ties to Batman's seemingly untouched history are intact.

Ready for Aquaman #1 next week.
I also agree way up thread with whoever read Cloak&Dagger #2, that was a fun book this week also. FWIW, I also liked Heroes for Hire #12 this week but think that may be over. It felt cancelled even though I can't be sure.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote