View Single Post
Old September 22 2011, 04:20 PM   #90
OverJoyJackson
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Re-booting TNG For TV?

I think doing any TREK TV series now would be a very risky idea. A friend of mine told me that if you were to watch every episode and movie of TREK made already, it would take you, 24 hours a day, nearly six weeks to see it all. That is just way too much TREK. I think "normal" people stopped watching because it got boring and they were retelling the same stories over and over and over.

Star Trek XI, whether you liked it or not, was a big hit. TREK has finally grown beyond TV and should exist only at the theaters. I'm not even sure if a TREK tv show would be a ratings winner, if it went up against THE X FACTOR or idiotic reality stuff. Do we really want to see TREK get beat up in the ratings by THE BIGGEST LOSER? What an irony that would be.

Having said that? The only way a TREK series would work, IMO, is on SHOWTIME or HBO. Something like DEXTER or THE WALKING DEAD that went no more than 12 episodes a year and was tightly written. This would eliminate the fluffy idiotic episodes all TREK series produced an over abudance of (how much of the 6 week viewing time would actually be "good" TV?)
OverJoyJackson is offline   Reply With Quote