View Single Post
Old September 22 2011, 01:57 AM   #726
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Green Lantern Corps: Guy and John both try to get normal jobs, but their real jobs (being Green Lanterns) get in the way. Meanwhile some unseen enemy is going Elfen Lied on some Corps members. I was excited to see Tomasi come back to the book, but this issue didn't wow. The best Green Lantern Corps moments were between Guy and Kyle. Those two just clicked. Guy and John just don't have that same kind of chemistry. I wish they hadn't decided to change the lineup. Let John go mess around with the New Guardians, and keep Kyle together with Guy where he belongs.

Wonder Woman: Pretty good I guess. I'll admit to not ever having been much of a Wonder Woman fan, so I didn't really know what to expect. It seems a lot closer tied to mythology than standard superhero fare. I may continue checking this one out.

Batman: Now that's more like it, Mr. Wayne. Easily the best of the New 52 that I've read so far. Batman is out solving a mystery, and it's actually an intriguing one. I've noticed in all of the Batman books so far that they've been attempting to bring Batman away from the super neurotic and angsty way he's been written for quite some time. Good. Batman can certainly be that Dark Knight, but that doesn't mean he always has to be such a downer. This book, more than any other Batman book in a long time made me feel like I was watching (er, well reading) an episode of the Animated Series (except for Batman and Bullock actually working together.) That's a high compliment by the way.