View Single Post
Old September 20 2011, 10:01 PM   #29
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: "Castle" season 4 begins tonight

Christopher wrote: View Post
I am so glad that's clearly not the direction they're going; Dorn is evidently playing a much gentler, more thoughtful character here, and it's great to see him doing something so different instead of just rehashing something he stopped doing years ago. Heck, even Worf had grown beyond that tedious Klingon stereotype by the time the DS9 writers were done with him.

Michael Dorn has a rich and versatile career beyond Star Trek. Most of it has been in animation voice work, though, so it hasn't been as high-profile (except among animation buffs like me). I'm glad to see him in a live-action role that lets him rise above lazy typecasting.
I know a number of people who think the remake of Beauty and the Beast (the Ron Perlman/Linda Hamilton series) is a bad idea because the casting could never be matched. However, I think Dorn would be more than equal to Perlman's Vincent. I somehow doubt he'd be on the CW's radar, but I think he has both the gravitas and the humor to pull it off.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is online now   Reply With Quote