View Single Post
Old September 20 2011, 08:09 PM   #7
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles
Re: Hawaii 5-0: The Second Season Begins!

Top41 wrote: View Post
I did like the twist with Hesse helping McGarrett, though I was sad to see him go at the end.

I was totally shocked to see that Jenna was helping Wo Fat! Did *not* see that one coming at all! I wonder when McGarrett will figure it out--I hope it's drawn out a bit and not wrapped up in the next episode or two. This could be good if they play it out.
Both of these really caught me by surprise -- both the revelation that Hesse stabbed McGarrett to help him escape, and that Jenna is working with Wo Fat. I remember last season when they introduced Larisa Oleynik, the idea was that she might become a main cast member in Season 2, and I was surprised to hear that it was Masi Oka who was getting added to the opening credits instead. I wonder if this was always in the works or not? I guess if you make the audience think she's going to become a permanent new character, it eliminates from their mind the chance that she's either dead meat or a villain.

I think Danny's whole dilemma was resolved a bit quickly, and I'm not a huge fan of how that whole thing was handled. His ex wants him back! She's pregnant! No wait-it's the other guy's, and she's going to give her marriage another shot. Huh?? Sometimes these procedural shows don't write women realistically, and this is one of those cases I think. But I'm glad Danno is staying where he belongs--with McGarrett.
This, however, did disappoint me. I liked where the Danny/Rachel storyline was going in the last couple episodes, and the resolution was a total cop-out (no pun intended).

This was a really good season premiere, though. I'm definitely looking forward to next week.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote