View Single Post
Old September 20 2011, 08:09 PM   #7
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles
Re: Hawaii 5-0: The Second Season Begins!

Top41 wrote: View Post
I did like the twist with Hesse helping McGarrett, though I was sad to see him go at the end.

I was totally shocked to see that Jenna was helping Wo Fat! Did *not* see that one coming at all! I wonder when McGarrett will figure it out--I hope it's drawn out a bit and not wrapped up in the next episode or two. This could be good if they play it out.
Both of these really caught me by surprise -- both the revelation that Hesse stabbed McGarrett to help him escape, and that Jenna is working with Wo Fat. I remember last season when they introduced Larisa Oleynik, the idea was that she might become a main cast member in Season 2, and I was surprised to hear that it was Masi Oka who was getting added to the opening credits instead. I wonder if this was always in the works or not? I guess if you make the audience think she's going to become a permanent new character, it eliminates from their mind the chance that she's either dead meat or a villain.

I think Danny's whole dilemma was resolved a bit quickly, and I'm not a huge fan of how that whole thing was handled. His ex wants him back! She's pregnant! No wait-it's the other guy's, and she's going to give her marriage another shot. Huh?? Sometimes these procedural shows don't write women realistically, and this is one of those cases I think. But I'm glad Danno is staying where he belongs--with McGarrett.
This, however, did disappoint me. I liked where the Danny/Rachel storyline was going in the last couple episodes, and the resolution was a total cop-out (no pun intended).

This was a really good season premiere, though. I'm definitely looking forward to next week.
"They quickly settled on the slender island at the head of the bay, which they called 'Mannahatta', after an old Indian word thought by some to mean 'island of hills', and by others 'place of general inebriation'."
ŚNew York: A Documentary Film
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote