View Single Post
Old September 19 2011, 10:00 PM   #78
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Why did Chakotay Choose to be with seven instead of janeway?

There was no reason to play with that monkey.

It was Janeway's subconscious defending her own virtue.

The selfcoochblock is usually seen as a dickmove, but I'm thinking that it was necessary becuase even if they weren't going to be rescued, if she gave it up to the Indian, he would get bored and move to the other side of the planet.

Only by keeping what's between her legs a celebrated mystery would Citizen Janeway be able to maintain a healthy relationship with Chakotay, and by healthy I mean, I mean that he keeps doing what she says without having to beat obedience into him.

Hmmm.

You know, why didn't Janeway take the monkey off world and away from her?

It was clearly her pet.

Kathy would only leave it behind if she thought of that monkey as an equal and a friend.

Imagine how the rest of the series would have played out if Kathy had a pet monkey?

Imagine all the potential hero moments where the monkey might sacrifice itself to defend it's mistress?

Although, those buggers from Scientific method would have totally gone to town if they had a monkey to put under the knife, or imagine some of the crew complaining... "This you did this to me!? This!? You mutilated me! I'm a freak! ...But the bloody monkey gets a free pass? Bastards! Bastards! Bastards!"

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote