View Single Post
Old September 19 2011, 09:15 PM   #630
Myasishchev
Rear Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
theenglish wrote: View Post
I am not a fan of introducing the Wildstorm characters into the main DC universe as most of them are rip offs of DC characters anyway. They really serve the same role as Squadron Supreme over in Marvel.
I really wish there was a Planetary book in the DCnU.

I know it's not feasible for Ellis to write it or Cassaday to draw it. But if it were written under Ellis' direction, I'd be all over it.

Elijah Snow and his team investigating the secret history of the DCnU. It would be fantastic.

I should note that Planetary barely fit in the Wildstorm universe to start with. Hell, Wildstorm rebooted before Planetary #27, and that didn't affect the ending of Planetary one bit, with the world now a technological utopia thanks to Snow and the Planetary Foundation using the Four's technology.
Which is a good argument for loose editorial control* and continuity only affecting one book, not for integration into the DCU, though.

*Although the fact it took ten years to push 27 issues isn't. Warren Ellis: a lazy jerk. "NO QUESTIONS ABOUT PLANETARY" "Finish your story, old man! No one cares about the Ultimate Fantastic Four!"

Myasishchev is offline   Reply With Quote