View Single Post
Old September 19 2011, 04:35 PM   #378
Lonemagpie
Writer

Re: Star Trek: TNG: Indistinguishable From Magic Review Thread

MagGu wrote: View Post
Qat'qa. She was awesome! I usually have a hard time relating to Klingons, so I'm not in love with them, but she was cool! I like her a lot! I hope there's more of Kat in upcoming books!
I'd really like to use her again - though she's not actually in any of the pitches I've got in, as they're all set in other eras.

Geordi. Seriously, I don't want to be a butt, but in other books and in TNG, Geordi bored the poopie out of me. In Typhon Pact 4, every time there was a Geordi chapter, I put the book down and had to force myself to pick it back up! So boring! UNTIL THIS BOOK! Geordi was really interesting in this book! Lots of good character development! I really enjoyed it!
Yeah, for some reason I never took much notice of Geordi myself, until I wrote some scenes with him in On The Spot - and then I realised "Hey, I've got a handle on this guy, and I think I could really take him places..."

I wonder what LeVar would think of Geordi's treatment in this...

It's an impossible relationship!
Yeah, that was why I wanted to suggest it - it just seemed like the sort of unlikely thing that happens, if you see what I mean. Opposites attract, and all.

Guinan. So...with Guinan we hear that something has driven her to join Challenger on this mission. and in the end, I'm not sure there was a big omg moment of finding out the WHY. Maybe I missed something. I did finish this book at midnight and I was super tired. But I was expecting something big from that. or maybe it was just that she needed to be there to connect to these aliens?
Partly, but also because of her part in Sela's origin.

Overall, a really good read! I give it an above average!
Yay!

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote