View Single Post
Old September 13 2011, 03:17 AM   #16
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: Bryan Fuller making Hannibal Lecter series!

Harvey wrote: View Post
Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Broccoli wrote: View Post
What a terrible idea for a TV series. I mean, I don't have any idea on how it could possibly be sustainable.
Don't watch Dexter?
Sure, and the series has become a poster child for premises unsustainable on television.
When I watched the first season, I figured the Dexter premise had about 4 or 5 good seasons in it. So far, there have been three good seasons and a couple meh ones. Eventually they'll get to the final season, which will probably be great because it will be the season when everything comes together. So that will be 4 good seasons, even if they drag it out to 12. That's about what I ever expected from the show.

I'd have been okay if the writers had planned out 5 kickass seasons instead of trying to drag it out further, and I think Hannibal could also have about 4 or 5 good seasons in it. Hard to say until we learn more specifics and see who they cast. Bad casting could screw the whole thing.

Fuller never bailed on Pushing Daisies. I'm not going to assume he's bailing on this show before it's even been greenlit. It's a bit early in the game for handwringing.

Dream wrote: View Post
Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Broccoli wrote: View Post
What a terrible idea for a TV series. I mean, I don't have any idea on how it could possibly be sustainable.
Don't watch Dexter?
Dexter kills people guilty of murder. Hannibal eats good and evil people alike. I don't think they can be compared at all.
I'm thinking that has to be sarcasm...?

If not, there are two main characters. The FBI profiler/patient might be the real protagonist, and that should provide a more relatable point of view and more diverse story options. For instance, Hannibal Lector doesn't need to be in every episode. They might simply be the FBI profiler's case of the week. The article includes very little information on the series, so there's no way to tell how restrictive or broad the premise is, and how many seasons it can comfortably encompass.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote