View Single Post
Old September 10 2011, 04:56 PM   #28
RoJoHen
Awesome

Re: 10 Years of the Novelverse

I used to read Trek books all the time. My parents actually just brought me all of my books from their house, and there were about 4 giant Rubbermaid bins full of them! The only Trek books that I've been keeping up with have been the New Frontier novels, and even then, I'm still behind. I bought "Treason" when it first came out, and I still haven't read it.

When they were originally released, I tried to read the DS9 relaunch, but I had a really hard time. I think I read the first 4 novels (Avatar 1 & 2, Section 31, and Gateways), but I just didn't care about anything that was going on. The new characters like Elias Vaughn, who everybody seems to love, just didn't do anything for me, so I stopped reading.

I had heard bad things about the VOY relaunch, so I never even bothered with those.

I had heard mediocre things about the "A Time To..." series, and I was so disheartened after watching "Nemesis," that I pretty much decided not to bother with the TNG relaunch either.

I dunno...my favorite Trek novels have always been some of the bigger standalone stories featuring the TOS crew, like "Sarek" and "Federation." I guess I just don't have a lot of interest in the "expanded universe" of Star Trek, and since that's about all there is anymore, I find myself not wanting to read TrekLit.