View Single Post
Old September 9 2011, 09:48 PM   #54
watermelony2k
Vice Admiral

Re: World War Z premiere to coincide with end of the world

Shurik wrote: View Post
Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Will they even show the desert battle?

Do we know what segments of the book are going to be included? I know they can't do everything, but these are the ones that really stick out in my mind:

-The first segment in China (patient zero).
-The one in India that involved nuking the mountain pass (to me, this is the most cinematic part of the whole novel).
-The one with the female pilot (I can't help envisioning her played by Michelle Rodriguez, so sue me ) who crashes in and hears someone over the radio who turns out not to exist (cue Twilight Zone music).
-The sequence at Clairmont College near LA.
-The Battle of Yonkers.
-The sequence with the people migrating north because the zombies will get frozen.
-The coastal sequence in India with people trying to escape to the ships.
-And that chilling detail about the entire population of North Korea vanishing, possibly sealed in belowground tunnels that nobody will ever risk opening...
I'd add to that a few segments:
- Celebrities closing themselves down in some stronghold and broadcasting it to the world as a reality show. It's one of my favorite parts of the book.
- The chapter about Israel, though looks like it will be in the movie (quite a few local actors were hired).
- The part about astronauts in ISS.
Each of these scenarios could have been an episode each in an HBO miniseries.

They shouldn't have called this movie World War Z; judging from the synopsis alone it's shaping up to be something else entirely.
watermelony2k is offline   Reply With Quote