View Single Post
Old September 9 2011, 10:45 AM   #51
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Re: World War Z premiere to coincide with end of the world

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Someone leaked a bit of production footage. Oh dear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma8l5...layer_embedded
What strikes me about this isn't that they're using "fast zombies" it's how quickly the victim was turned. It's been a while since I've read the book but I'm pretty sure the incubation period was in the order of hours or days, not seconds. That should eliminate the whole thing about checking refugees for wounds, using dogs at check points or having people hiding infected family members.

This is definitely drawing more from 28 Days Later than the book. Very disappointing.

To those who think fast zombies will make the action scenes more exciting; I'm afraid it'll undermine the whole point of many of those scenes. Let's take the Battle of Yonkers: The whole chapter is supposed to demonstrate how the military are overconfident, under prepared and too dependent on modern gadgets to deal with the situation. They don't loose because the horde swarmed them too fast, they lost because they tried shock and awe tactics on a horde that stretched from Yonkers, all the way back to Time Square and when they ran out of rockets, shells and napalm...Zack just kept coming. Oh, and they decided to hide behind sandbags in the middle of the street instead of taking the high ground.
Reverend is online now   Reply With Quote