Plot hole city

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by William Wallace, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Set Harth

Set Harth Admiral Admiral

How do you know it is? An appeal to ignorance doesn't make it the Hobus star. It's just a star. There are millions of them. The Hobus star was most likely in Romulan space.

2. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

And for those meddling kids.

3. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

He definitely would have gotten away with it otherwise.

4. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

LOL...
    NIICE...

Stop using logic to be evasive.
    They enter the black hole at the point where it swallowed the supernova from the Hobus star ergo where they exit in the past is the Hobus....

YOU MEAN IN ORDER FOR IT TO THREATEN THE ENTIRE GALAXY IT HAD TO BE IN ROMULAN SPACE?

Spare me your not-so-righteous indignation and grammar police shenanigans...:rolleyes:

OH NOW we're being sticklers to the dialogue and narative. Not drawing any conclusions or any more speculations now? Why the change?

What does this mean?
    You're saying the Federation/Klingon border CAN'T be the Same as the Neutral Zone where 47 klingon ships were destroyed?
    You're saying that a Supernova that threatened to destroy AN ENTIRE GALAXY and DESTROYED A STAR LIGHTYEARS away can't cover a regional area that would require calculating a exit aperture?

How did you come to all these conclusions?

:rommie: You've piqued my interest...enlighten me...

False:

We can not determine that they DID not emerge next to the Hobus star.

FALSE:
    It said Neutral Zone.

http://trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=127202&page=25

By this point the only Neutral Zone mentioned had Klingons in it and there is no other mention or any other Neutral Zone. Could it be that you are projecting your expectations for a Romulan Neutral Zone rather than taking the Film in it's OWN context?

Now I am reading the script on the Line-by-line here on the BBS, maybe you're going by memory but I have only seen the film twice so I'm inclined not to go by my memory. Tell me if you think this is me or you this time.

Of course it's LOGICAL. It's his stated IMPERATIVE that he mentions first before his revenge (IF you can believe him and what he says)

"My purpose Christopher, is to not simply avoid the destruction of the home i love, but to create a Romulus that exists....free of the Federation. You see, only then will she be truly safe. That is why i will destroy all the remaining Federation planets.....starting with yours. "

Yet he goes into battle without ever doing anything to save Romulus which dooms it to the same destruction.

REALLY...it's a pointless comment to SUGGEST he could have warned Romulus of the Star's future destructive potential and evacuate Romulus? That's what you call POINTLESS? REALLY? So to you...without the Red-matter 130 year might as well be 2 seconds? FOR YOUR "LOGIC" no Red Matter means absolutely NO ALTERNATIVES? Dude...that is some reinforced head you have there...:brickwall:. You can't possibly expect me to take that seriously...

5. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

Don't worry. No one takes you seriously at all.

6. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

number6 and Saquist, I'm sure you'll both recall when I posted this upthread:
    And I'm equally sure that you both realized that it was directed primarily at the two of you. (I may also have said something to another person along the way about endeavoring to be more careful in choosing one's words.)

So what do we have? A sampling should illustrate:

You had to keep making it personal, after I made a post specifically requesting that it stop. That earns you a warning for trolling. Comments to PM.

Now Saquist:

Also repeated instances of getting personal after having been asked to stop. You've got quite a history of this.

You now have a trolling warning to go with. Comments to PM.

Now, I'm up way past my bedtime, and this thread is going to remain closed at least until after I've had my coffee in the morning. Say good night, thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.