View Single Post
Old September 9 2011, 02:34 AM   #49
Sindatur
Rear Admiral

Re: World War Z premiere to coincide with end of the world

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Will they even show the desert battle?

Do we know what segments of the book are going to be included? I know they can't do everything, but these are the ones that really stick out in my mind:

-The first segment in China (patient zero).
-The one in India that involved nuking the mountain pass (to me, this is the most cinematic part of the whole novel).
-The one with the female pilot (I can't help envisioning her played by Michelle Rodriguez, so sue me ) who crashes in and hears someone over the radio who turns out not to exist (cue Twilight Zone music).
-The sequence at Clairmont College near LA.
-The Battle of Yonkers.
-The sequence with the people migrating north because the zombies will get frozen.
-The coastal sequence in India with people trying to escape to the ships.
-And that chilling detail about the entire population of North Korea vanishing, possibly sealed in belowground tunnels that nobody will ever risk opening...
I've never read the book, but, I've been looking forward to this movie for a few years, and was really excited when JMS was given the first pass at the script (Though, rumor I've heard is that Brad didn't think it was commercial enough, so it's been altered)

Your guesses and descriptions sound like the makings of a great movie

I like Michelle Rodrigues for action. I wouldn't cast her in anything as a leading sex pot, or for feminine dramatic emotion, but, she does have a talent for dramatic emotional scenes, in her element.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote