View Single Post
Old September 8 2011, 01:34 AM   #233
C_Miller
Captain

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Well, I'm saying this as not a fan of Jim Lee. I just really liked the interiors of Justice League. I'm no art critic. In fact, most art not drawn by Chris Bachalo is generally pleasing to me. I generally focus more on the writing. I will say that the best art I've seen out of the relaunch so far is Yanick Paquette's on Swamp Thing. Oh my God. I want him to draw everything.

I ordered Swamp Thing, Stormfront, Action Comics, and Animal Man so I'm waiting for them to arrive. Should be here later this week. I obtained JLI, Tec and Batgirl at my LCS and I put an order on Batwing.

Batgirl: Didn't like it. This is where the reboot loses me. It tries so hard to fit in The Killing Joke, but the explanation as to how she's able to walk and her time as Oracle and all of that really falls short with me. It would be one thing if they didn't focus on it, but they did. It over complicated the issue for me.

Detective Comics: I've been reading Detective Comics for years. It's probably my longest run. I have like an almost 100 issue complete run on the title. So I couldn't "not" get it. But I wasn't overly excited about Tony Daniel and I'm still not. I did enjoy this though. It was relatively sterile and there was a bit of stuff in there that's been in a lot of the reboot where they try. Like Gordon having a Bat-Signal, but the police having a shoot to kill order when it comes to Batman. The final scene was interesting, but I'll probably just be reading spoilers for this one.

Justice League International: I actually kind of like this one. It's the comic version of a Michael Bay movie. Not a lot of substance, but I think this could be your one-stop-shop for superhero action. I probably won't be getting #2, but this is definitely on top of my list for trades right now.
Tons of Titles still available!
C_Miller is offline   Reply With Quote