I've had a bit of a strange decade when it comes to the novelverse. For the first few years of the decade, I missed it in its entirety as I was going through the TOS
novels in chronological order, so for the last seven or eight years I've been playing catch-up.
For me the personal highlights would be:-
- The DS9 Relaunch - I drifted off with the first installment of Mission: Gamma, but have read from Warpath onwards. Truly the core of the novelverse.
- Starfleet Corps of Engineers - A truly brilliant series and is well missed by yours truly (and many, many others, I'm sure)
- The Janus Gate / Errand of Vengeance / Errand of Fury - A fantastic set of novels that not only explore the central characters of TOS but also shines a light on the lower decks characters. The way the episodes are weaved into the narrative is wonderful. It's nice to see that A Choice of Catastrophes has continued in this direction.
- Stargazer - Not a favourite of everyone, but I enjoyed reading the tales of Picard's first command and the people that helped shape the man he became.
- VOY relaunch - A bit of a shaky start, but Christie Golden held my attention so it wasn't all bad. An absolute must-read series under Kirsten Beyer though, long may it continue!
- IKS Gorkon - About bloody time we had a series that didn't focus on the USS Whatever. Excellent characters, brilliantly written by KRAD. A shame there was only four novels + Diplomatic Implausibility.
- A Time to... - Recently finished this and I loved it too a large degree.
- Vanguard - Just because.
- Provenance of Shadows - The rest of the Crucible series left me cold but this McCoy-centric installment was just... WOW!
- Mere Anarchy - Interesting to see an alien planet be a constant as we see the Enterprise visit at various points in time.
- TNG Relaunch - Again, a shaky start, but got so much better.
- Mirror Universe
- Myriad Universes
That's it so far. We've seen brilliant work from the likes of KRAD, Christopher L. Bennett, David Mack and many, many others. Heres to the next decade!