I've had a bit of a strange decade when it comes to the novelverse. For the first few years of the decade, I missed it in its entirety as I was going through the TOS
novels in chronological order, so for the last seven or eight years I've been playing catch-up.
For me the personal highlights would be:-
- The DS9 Relaunch - I drifted off with the first installment of Mission: Gamma, but have read from Warpath onwards. Truly the core of the novelverse.
- Starfleet Corps of Engineers - A truly brilliant series and is well missed by yours truly (and many, many others, I'm sure)
- The Janus Gate / Errand of Vengeance / Errand of Fury - A fantastic set of novels that not only explore the central characters of TOS but also shines a light on the lower decks characters. The way the episodes are weaved into the narrative is wonderful. It's nice to see that A Choice of Catastrophes has continued in this direction.
- Stargazer - Not a favourite of everyone, but I enjoyed reading the tales of Picard's first command and the people that helped shape the man he became.
- VOY relaunch - A bit of a shaky start, but Christie Golden held my attention so it wasn't all bad. An absolute must-read series under Kirsten Beyer though, long may it continue!
- IKS Gorkon - About bloody time we had a series that didn't focus on the USS Whatever. Excellent characters, brilliantly written by KRAD. A shame there was only four novels + Diplomatic Implausibility.
- A Time to... - Recently finished this and I loved it too a large degree.
- Vanguard - Just because.
- Provenance of Shadows - The rest of the Crucible series left me cold but this McCoy-centric installment was just... WOW!
- Mere Anarchy - Interesting to see an alien planet be a constant as we see the Enterprise visit at various points in time.
- TNG Relaunch - Again, a shaky start, but got so much better.
- Mirror Universe
- Myriad Universes
That's it so far. We've seen brilliant work from the likes of KRAD, Christopher L. Bennett, David Mack and many, many others. Heres to the next decade!
Currently reading: Typhon Pact: Paths of Disharmony by Dayton Ward
Next up: The Fall: A Ceremony of Losses by David Mack