View Single Post
Old September 6 2011, 11:55 PM   #192
JD
Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

C_Miller wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
Money's gotten tighter than I thought it would be when I posted before, so I'm probably gonna cut down to either Detective, Action, and Batgirl, or just Detective and Batgirl.

I personally think you'll be better off with Action and Batman (if you simply want a Batman title). By all accounts Scott Snyder (Batman) can write circles around Tony Daniel (Detective).
Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
^ Scott Synder is pretty much Grant Morrison level writing (doesn't matter if you are a Morrison fan or not). As much as I loves me some Morrison, Synder is fast becoming my favorite Batman writer. His Detective Comics run was like a love letter to Year One/The Long Halloween/Dark Victory. American Vampire is worth the read as well. I kind of wish that DC had assigned Snyder Batman and Robin. I don't like Patrick Gleason or Peter Tomasai.
Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
C_Miller wrote: View Post
JD wrote: View Post
Money's gotten tighter than I thought it would be when I posted before, so I'm probably gonna cut down to either Detective, Action, and Batgirl, or just Detective and Batgirl.

I personally think you'll be better off with Action and Batman (if you simply want a Batman title). By all accounts Scott Snyder (Batman) can write circles around Tony Daniel (Detective).
Circles, Squares, Rectangles... you name it.
Oh, if that's the case I might hold off on Batman then. I'm probably gonna stick with Action and Batgirl though. I forgot about the price drop, so with in play I'll probably just do one or two new issues a week.