View Single Post
Old September 3 2011, 07:57 PM   #202
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: Netflix shoots itself in the foot... aka no more free streaming

Snaploud wrote: View Post
Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
That's true for HBO and Showtime as well. And you could throw all of cable in there - AMC, TNT, FX, etc - pretty soon you've eliminated everything on TV worth watching.
HBO, Showtime, and Starz are in a slightly different financial category from AMC, TNT, and FX. I don't think AMC, TNT, and FX are nearly as hurt by having some of their content on Netflix.
Yeah, my post up there somewhere talks about how because the basic cable nets get ad revenues, it can help them to have Netflix give people an easy way to catch up on serialized shows and then jump into live viewing. Plus CNN and ESPN insulate basic cable channels on the same tier from cancellation.

CNN, MSNBC and the chance to see shows when they first run and yack about them here are the only things stopping me from cutting the cable cord. Comcast should share some of its revenues with TrekBBS.

Data Holmes wrote: View Post
Rumor is spreading that dish may have bought hulu, in further plans to take on Netflix.
Unless Dish can replicate Netflix's library, no sale here. The last thing I want is to have to roam all over the place to find all the titles I want.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote