View Single Post
Old September 2 2011, 11:28 PM   #119
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Myasishchev wrote: View Post
All I'm saying is that roughing a man up for operating a business which violates labor laws goes a bit beyond immature: it's a direct action against society.
"Society?"

There's a concept for you. Robin Hood's stealing from the wealthy was a direct assault on society, too.

Of course, I grew up as part of a generation many of whom decided as adolescents and young adults that our society was so irredeemably immoral and corrupt that its rules should be defied, discarded and even violently opposed. All the institutions and structures needed to be pulled down. Start over and base it all on love and the Golden Rule, man.

All in the service of basic fairness, right and wrong and in the context of great general ignorance about human nature and how anything can work, of course. Good thing Clark's not a hippy.

What Clark does in these scenes doesn't strike me as inarguably lacking in basic moral impulse at all. Quite the opposite. It does seem emotional, ill-thought and foolish. It's not going to get him the results he wants.

Last edited by Admiral Buzzkill; September 2 2011 at 11:53 PM.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote